Your Responsibilities Include
- Produce policy analysis and research material for internal and external audiences, including but not limited to issue summaries, regulatory comments, issue briefs, advocacy tools, testimony, op-eds, and other material needed
- Review and analyze federal and state legislation in the health care policy portfolio
- Collaborate with grassroots and government affairs teams to build and support effective strategies to advance legislative and regulatory policy priorities
- Translate complex issues into talking points and written text for communications and grassroots teams.
- Identify innovative real-world policy opportunities to advance our community’s vision
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- Experience working in a related field (i.e. public policy analysis, Executive or Legislative Branch position in related offices or committees, etc.)
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
- Proactive communication and high sense of urgency
- A firm commitment to advancing a society of equal rights and mutual benefit where people can succeed by creating value for others
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Knowledge of or experience working on health care issues and policies, at the state or federal level
- Experience developing successful legislative or coalition strategy
What We Offer
- A meaningful career where your work will improve the lives of millions of Americans – especially the least fortunate
- A vision-driven organization of over 1,000 employees across the country who are dedicated to improving the lives of others
- Competitive salaries and bonuses. Our salary and bonus strategies are aligned to the value you create, not a standardized bell curve
- Generous 401K match - 6% match with immediate vesting
- Competitive health and wellness benefits
- Our flexible time-off policy allows all employees to take leave as needed
- Commuter assistance plans to offset the cost of commuting into our headquarters (on-site parking or metro)
- Opportunities for professional development and mentorship that can strengthen your effectiveness through Principle Based Management and other industry specific programs
Americans for Prosperity is driving long-term solutions to the country's biggest problems through broad-based grassroots outreach. Our activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit. We have an on-the-ground infrastructure in 36 states that recruits and unites citizens behind a common goal of advancing policies that help people improve their lives.
Americans for Prosperity Foundation is dedicated to educating and training citizens to be courageous advocates for the ideas, principles, and policies in a society of mutual benefit--knowing that leads to the greatest prosperity and well-being for all. Our educational programs break barriers standing in the way of people realizing their potential. By eliminating these obstacles to opportunity, in areas like occupational licensing, free speech, K-12 education, and free trade, we are supporting and working to lift up the lives of individuals and local communities.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.