Operations Manager, Florida
- Be the chapter’s point of contact for purchasing and vendor management
- Work with internal partners and external vendors to keep multiple office spaces across the state ready for use by our staff and volunteers
- Help secure event space and coordinate travel arrangements for medium to large scale events
- Manage and inventory physical resources for the chapter including tech, swag, and other grassroots equipment and ensure their delivery to the team
- Recruit, screen, and supervise a large team of canvassers engaged in voter contact activities
- Create and post engaging grassroots focused social media.
You Will Need…
- A deep belief in people-empowering, bottom-up, public policy solutions that limit the coercive nature of government and empower individuals to pursue their American Dream
- Leadership skills! We need someone with strong supervising abilities and humility to embrace our growth-focused culture
- Comfort and confidence working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment independent of direct supervision or direction. We need a go-getter who can figure out how to overcome new and unique challenges!
- A track record of success managing complex projects, working with multiple stakeholders, and proactively communicating updates to a distributed team
- The ability to travel at least 25% of the time
- To be based out the Tallahassee office (this is not a remote position)
Stand Out Candidates Will Also Have…
- Knowledge of the political, economic, and legislative landscape of Florida
- A background in grassroots activism, political lobbying, or campaign work
- Experience managing and developing engaging social media
What We Offer
- A meaningful career where your work will improve the lives of millions of Americans – especially the least fortunate
- A vision-driven organization of over 1,000 employees across the country who are dedicated to improving the lives of others
- Competitive salaries and bonuses. Our salary and bonus strategies are aligned to the value you create, not a standardized bell curve
- Generous 401K match - 6% match with immediate vesting
- Competitive health and wellness benefits
- Our flexible time-off policy allows all employees to take leave as needed
- A purchasing credit card to use for business expenses
- Mileage reimbursement for business travel separate from your commute
- Opportunities for professional development and mentorship that can strengthen your effectiveness through Principle Based Management and other industry specific programs
Americans for Prosperity is driving long-term solutions to the country's biggest problems through broad-based grassroots outreach. Our activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit. We have an on-the-ground infrastructure in 36 states that recruits and unites citizens behind a common goal of advancing policies that help people improve their lives.
Americans for Prosperity Foundation is dedicated to educating and training citizens to be courageous advocates for the ideas, principles, and policies in a society of mutual benefit--knowing that leads to the greatest prosperity and well-being for all. Our educational programs break barriers standing in the way of people realizing their potential. By eliminating these obstacles to opportunity, in areas like occupational licensing, free speech, K-12 education, and free trade, we are supporting and working to lift up the lives of individuals and local communities.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.