Sr. Administrative Assistant
We are looking for a Sr. Administrative Assistant to join our quick-moving, dynamic administrative team. We need a quick thinking collaborator to support team leaders and position them to spend their time in the highest leveraged ways. Our goals are significant, and our organization moves quickly. We will tap into your problem-solving and organizational skills every day and look to you to help your principals and team make good decisions about where their time is spent and keep the momentum forward.
The Stand Together community works with some of the country's boldest and most innovative social change-makers. Our goal is to remove the barriers that stop people from achieving their full potential and the rest of us from benefiting from their contributions! Working across the political spectrum, impacting communities across the country, we're making positive change a reality by uniting diverse voices on the issues that matter most. If you're looking for a way to grow your professional career in an organization with purpose, look no further!
Your Responsibilities Include
- Provide calendar management. Prioritize a high volume of inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts for principals and the broader team. Make judgements on time and recommendations grounded in strategic priorities and with a win-win mentality to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Provide general administrative support. This includes processing invoice payments, reconciling receipts and expense reports on behalf of the leaders, in addition to other duties as needed.
- Identify areas to increase efficiency and innovate to improve administrative processes. Keep an eye out for opportunities to help the administrative team support the organization’s goals more effectively. Identify and learn new tools or techniques to elevate the level of support and partnership the team gives.
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- 3+ years of professional experience in a support or administrative capacity
- Experience in a high volume scheduling environment, strongly preferred
- Astute attention to detail and drive to take initiative
- Track record of follow-up and follow-through; high degree of reliability
- Extremely organized, self-disciplined, and professional in demeanor
- A clear understanding of and excitement for Stand Together’s mission
- High degree of confidentiality, sound judgment, ability to think on your feet and problem solve while maintaining composure
- Articulate and concise oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
What We Offer
- A meaningful career where your work will improve the lives of millions of Americans – especially the least fortunate.
- A vision-driven organization of over 1,000 employees across the country who are dedicated to improving the lives of others.
- Competitive salaries and bonuses. Our salary and bonus strategies are aligned to the value you create, not a standardized bell curve.
- Generous 401K match - 6% match with immediate vesting.
- Competitive health and wellness benefits.
- Our flexible time-off policy allows all employees to take leave as needed.
- Commuter assistance plans to offset the cost of commuting into our Arlington, VA offices (on-site parking or metro).
- Opportunities for professional development and mentorship that can strengthen your effectiveness through Principle Based Management and other industry specific programs.