Senior Cloud Engineer
Your Responsibilities Include
- Establishing cloud standards and managing cloud operations
- Providing guidance to business and technical managers on cloud strategies
- Acting as a Cloud Solutions Architect
- Developing and debugging Python, Ansible Playbooks, Terraform, and other infrastructure as code
- Designing cloud infrastructure following best practices and the Well-Architected Framework
- Constructing a resilient cloud ecosystem capable of quickly restoring services using disaster recovery tools
- Developing an operational framework for cloud platform operations
- Coaching technical practitioners on best practices for cloud services
- Collaborating with other system and software engineers to enhance product functionality.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Minimum of 5 years of professional Cloud Engineering background
- Proficiency in AWS and familiarity with Azure
- Experience with Site Reliability
- Experience with Site Reliability tools such as PagerDuty, Nagios, Data Dog, Zabbix, Splunk, SaltStack, Pulumi, OpsGenie, HAproxy, TravisCI, CircleCI, Chaos Monkey, Gremlin, JMeter, Locust
- Understanding of network protocols, Custom TCP, SSH, HTTPS, UDP, DNS, VPNs, Load Balancing, and Firewalls
- Expertise in designing cloud solutions from the ground up
- Familiarity with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Expertise in containerization and orchestration using Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Rancher
- Familiarity with version control systems like Git
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana and logging tools like ELK Stack or Graylog
- Background in building and deploying web applications from source code
- Background in creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines with tools like CircleCI, Bamboo, Jenkins, CodePipelines, Harness.io
- Proficiency with IaC tools: Cloud Development Toolkit (CDK), Serverless Stack (SST), Ansible Playbooks, Terraform, or Cloud Formation Templates
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix command line interface
- Proficiency with AWS command line interface
- Familiarity with other AWS services such as EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, DocumentDB, Lambda, SQS, SNS, ECS, ECR, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Load Balancers, Amplify, CodeBuild/CodePipeline, and S3
- Background in SQL is advantageous.
- Expertise in prototyping and creating Minimal Viable Products for review
- Background and general understanding of API technologies
- Knowledge of best practices in software development, security, and operations
Standout Candidates will Bring
- AWS or Azure certifications (Certified Developer, DevOps, Solutions Architect, Data Analytics or Database)
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference. Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation's biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential. Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds—including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy—to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Our Values Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Principle Based Management® (PBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, PBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.