Deputy Director of Grassroots Operations - LIBRE, North Carolina
Your Responsibilities Include
- Supervision and mentorship of North Carolina's Grassroots Engagement staff
- Attend and present at state events to educate, recruit and activate volunteers and members of the community
- Work alongside local leaders to tailor the local strategy for the success and future of this group
- Develop and execute strategies to educate the community on public policy issues and initiatives
- Collaborate with state staff to plan, organize and execute state and local educational programs, informational meetings, virtual opportunities, and other grassroots events including: facilitating phone banks, door-to-door canvassing, and other voter contact activities
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing others
- Proficiency in cultivating connections and igniting motivation among individuals from various backgrounds
- Adaptability and comfortability within a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Knowledge of state and federal public policy and political landscapes
- Proficiency within Microsoft Office Suite, with the aptitude to learn new systems, platforms and further develop technical skills when required
- Proven track record of engagement with North Carolina's Hispanic communities, coupled with proficient bilingual communication skills in both English and Spanish, both spoken and written
- Valid driver's license with reliable transportation
- Ability to travel as needed within the state/region
Americans for Prosperity is driving long-term solutions to the country's biggest problems through broad-based grassroots outreach. Our activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit. We have an on-the-ground infrastructure in 36 states that recruits and unites citizens behind a common goal of advancing policies that help people improve their lives.
Americans for Prosperity Foundation is dedicated to educating and training citizens to be courageous advocates for the ideas, principles, and policies in a society of mutual benefit--knowing that leads to the greatest prosperity and well-being for all. Our educational programs break barriers standing in the way of people realizing their potential. By eliminating these obstacles to opportunity, in areas like occupational licensing, free speech, K-12 education, and free trade, we are supporting and working to lift up the lives of individuals and local communities.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.