Event & Activation Manager
Your Responsibilities Include
- Building and executing a portfolio of existing activation opportunities for Stand Together (including timeline management, vendor management, overseeing onsite setup and breakdown, and ensuring smooth, vision aligned execution throughout.)
- Working in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to conceptualize, develop, and execute future event and activation opportunities.
- Ensure that all events are linked to clear objectives, maximizing our return on investment, furthering brand awareness, and supporting overall business goals
- Source and manage production companies, agencies, and/or vendors, ensuring that they are meeting the specific vision, direction, and guidelines set forth by Stand Together Music and our impact partners
- Domestic travel (30-40%) including evenings and weekends
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- 5-7 years of event and production experience, including experiential and brand events
- Strong project management skills, including the capacity to manage multiple efforts at the same time in collaboration with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Familiarity with B2C and B2B event practices, including trends, influencers, food, music, etc.
- Experience in developing events, programs, and/or activations with measurable outcomes
- Openness to the complexity of highly matrixed organization and the curiosity to ask about it
- Strong communication skills, a solutions-oriented approach, and poise under pressure
- Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially and exercise good professional judgment
What We Offer
- A meaningful career where your work will improve the lives of millions of Americans – especially the least fortunate.
- A vision-driven organization of over 1,000 employees across the country who are dedicated to improving the lives of others.
- Competitive salaries and bonuses. Our salary and bonus strategies are aligned to the value you create, not a standardized bell curve.
- Generous 401K match - 6% match with immediate vesting.
- Competitive health and wellness benefits.
- Our flexible time-off policy allows all employees to take leave as needed.
- Commuter assistance plans to offset the cost of commuting into our headquarters (on-site parking or metro).
- Opportunities for professional development and mentorship that can strengthen your effectiveness through Principle Based Management and other industry specific programs.
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference. Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation's biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential. Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds—including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy—to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Our Values Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Principle Based Management® (PBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, PBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.