Your Responsibilities Include
- Manage a portfolio of projects that include multiple work streams (IT, Business, Product Management, Finance, Sourcing, Security, etc.) and typically last 6-12 months.
- Work with leaders, product managers, and others to initiate projects, define scope, and develop project charters.
- Distill complex concepts into actionable plans.
- Apply and ensure project teams apply good economic thinking when developing solutions.
- Work with teams to define the value the project will create and how that value will be measured.
- Manage schedules, deliverables, and project dependencies.
- Drive decision-making and accountability among team members and leaders.
- Communicate effectively across the community on project status, issues, risks, obstacles, and escalations.
- Ensure project teams have the right people and skill sets to accomplish the work.
- Mentor others in project management basics and best practices.
Skills You Bring to the Organization
- 5+ years of project management in complex organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex concepts into actionable plans.
- Knowledge of a variety of project management tools from traditional/waterfall to agile/hybrid approaches.
- Flexibility and adaptability, comfortable with ambiguity and applying the right tool to fit the job vs. a highly standardized project approach.
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with project teams and senior leaders, driving decisions and progress without direct authority.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize effectively.
- Strategic thinking and understanding the why of the project in addition to the what.
- Entrepreneurial spirit to work tactically and strategically with a high sense of urgency.
- Strong customer focus.
- Scrum Master experience is a plus.
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference. Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation's biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential. Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds—including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy—to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Our Values Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Principle Based Management® (PBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, PBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge, and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect, and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.