Partnership Advisor (Major Gifts)
Your Responsibilities Include
- Build win-win relationships with donor partners, helping current and prospective partners align their passions with opportunities for philanthropy within the Stand Together community.
- Contribute to the strategy behind communications and events that inspire donors to get engaged with their time and resources.
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of major gifts donors and prospects, utilizing Moves Management and other relationship building techniques.
- Collaborate with the internal communications and marketing team to create and execute personalized communication and engagement plans for each donor and prospective partner.
- Leverage existing events to recruit new prospects and retain and grow current partners.
- Utilize subject matter experts and organizational representatives to further relationships with supporters and prospects.
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience originating, cultivating and stewarding donor relationships.
- Proven track record of soliciting 8- and 9-figure gifts through thoughtful and entrepreneurial relationship and moves management.
- High level of humility and integrity.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial, and a high sense of urgency.
- Aligned with the vision and values of Stand Together.
- A network of high-net-worth donor relationships that can be cultivated for support of Stand Together.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, professionalism, and ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders with a high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Understands the principles of effective marketing and persuasion.
- Ability to drive moves managements plans for multiple concurrent projects/funding opportunities to completion through continuous transformation and an entrepreneurial approach.
- Ability to travel up to 50% within the United States.
What We Offer
- A meaningful career where your work will improve the lives of millions of Americans – especially the least fortunate.
- A vision-driven organization of over 1,000 employees across the country who are dedicated to improving the lives of others.
- Competitive salaries and bonuses. Our salary and bonus strategies are aligned to the value you create, not a standardized bell curve.
- Generous 401K match - 6% match with immediate vesting.
- Competitive health and wellness benefits.
- Our flexible time-off policy allows all employees to take leave as needed.
- Commuter assistance plans to offset the cost of commuting into our headquarters (on-site parking or metro).
- Opportunities for professional development and mentorship that can strengthen your effectiveness through Principle Based Management and other industry specific programs.
For this position we anticipate paying $125,000 - $175,000 per year. Actual amount may be higher or lower based on various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. Employees may be eligible to participate in our benefits programs which include medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts and health savings accounts, life insurance, AD&D, disability, retirement, paid vacation, paid parental leave and educational assistance. Specific eligibility criteria are defined by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy, or guideline.
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference. Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation's biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential. Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds—including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy—to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Our Values Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Principle Based Management® (PBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, PBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.