VP, Work & Learn
Your Responsibilities Include
- Develop a transparent and thorough point-of-view of the workforce development landscape
- Create a strategy for applying vision to the workforce development space that leverages CKF’s reputation and capabilities as a private foundation
- Prospect grantmaking opportunities to advance strategy, make recommendations, and steward investments
- Engage internally across postsecondary education teams within the Stand Together community to advance a shared vision for individualized education
- When compliant, collaborate with capabilities across the ST community to access resources that will leverage the impact of grant under your stewardship
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- A passion for the Charles Koch Foundation’s mission and the principles of human progress.
- Ability to drive strategy that connects to overall vision, is transparent, and evolves based on lessons learned from grantmaking across the work and learn portfolio
- Experiencing managing a portfolio of investments or a funding, reflecting a strong grasp of donor intent, as well as marginal analysis and clear connection to objectively observable goals.
- Demonstrated ability to deploy analytical approach to investment decision-making and evaluation
- 5+ years of experience relevant to relationship management
- An innate ability to identify and foster a network of mutually beneficial partnerships
- High sense of urgency and a natural self-starter
- Confident oral communicator with superior interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to collaborate across multiple teams and drive multiple concurrent projects
- Willingness to travel as needed to build partnerships and represent CKF
What We Offer
- A meaningful career where your work will improve the lives of millions of Americans – especially the least fortunate.
- A vision-driven organization of over 1,000 employees across the country who are dedicated to improving the lives of others.
- Competitive salaries and bonuses. Our salary and bonus strategies are aligned to the value you create, not a standardized bell curve.
- Generous 401K match - 6% match with immediate vesting.
- Competitive health and wellness benefits.
- Our flexible time-off policy allows all employees to take leave as needed.
- Opportunities for professional development and mentorship that can strengthen your effectiveness through Principle Based Management and other industry specific programs.
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference. Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation's biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential. Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds—including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy—to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Our Values Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Principle Based Management® (PBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, PBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.