Your responsibilities include
- Investment thesis development – Own the development of investment theses in one of our core areas of focus (healthcare, foundational education, post-secondary education + workforce, or economic opportunity).
- New investment origination – Cultivate extensive networks of entrepreneurs, investors, and subject matter experts to drive a strong pipeline of investable opportunities.
- Portfolio management – Maintain value-add relationships with founders/CEOs as the portfolio grows and partner with colleagues on portfolio reporting and portfolio support resources.
Qualifications you bring to the organization
- 5+ years of direct investing experience in early-stage companies, or startup experience with responsibility over company financing.
- Ability to independently underwrite investments and mentor a growing team in diligence best-practices.
- A strong investor and entrepreneur network, especially in areas that are core to our mandate (e.g. healthcare, education, workforce, etc.).
- A contribution mindset: An inherent focus on improving our business and adding value, regardless of whether the work is “typically” included in the job description. Over time, we expect this to include recruitment and development of other investment professionals.
What we offer
- A unique investment mandate backed by a permanent capital source.
- An entrepreneurial environment to mature an investment strategy with high agency.
- Competitive salaries and bonuses. Our salary and bonus strategies are aligned to the value you create, not a standardized bell curve.
- Generous 401K match - 6% match with immediate vesting.
- Our flexible time-off policy allows all employees to take leave as needed.
- Opportunities for professional development and mentorship that can strengthen your effectiveness through Principle Based Management and other industry specific programs.
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference. Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation's biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential. Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds—including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy—to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Our Values Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Principle Based Management® (PBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, PBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.