Summer Law Clerk
Your Responsibilities Include
- Researching and writing, including contract drafting and review
- Analyzing legal and compliance questions pertaining to, but not limited to, tax-exempt organizations, campaign finance, and lobbying
- Reviewing public filings and government reports, e.g., lobbying and campaign finance reports, required by federal and state governments
- Compiling and updating 50-state surveys and subject matter summaries
- Performing other tasks and special projects to assist the legal team as needed
- Assisting with litigation matters as necessary
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- Integrity, humility, and entrepreneurial attitude
- Contribution mindset-oriented
- Lifelong learner
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to work in both independent and collaborative environments
- Proven ability to meet strict deadlines when necessary
- Strong communication skills
- This role is for a current law school student, pursuing a Juris Doctor, who has completed at least one full year of law school. To be considered for this position, please include one writing sample or a link to your portfolio with your application.
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference. Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation's biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential. Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds—including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy—to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Our Values Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Principle Based Management® (PBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, PBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.