Senior Editor - Content
- Using your creative writing background, craft and hone content that resonates with Stand Together's mission and values.
- Manage the flow of content, ensuring expectations – and deadlines – are met. This includes our internal writers, as well as our network of freelancers.
- Spearhead various writing, editing, and communication initiatives across our different channels. (website, social media, printed materials, presentations, blog posts, etc.)
- Edit and/or write compelling copy that reflects Stand Together’s strategies, targeting an audience of top business leaders, philanthropists, and social entrepreneurs.
- Using your background and experience, preemptively address challenges in the content creation process.
- Is a masterful writer and communicator, adept at making intricate issues compelling and relatable.
- Has 10 years of experience in writing, editing, and communications.
- Consistently applies editorial guidelines to ensure content accuracy and consistency.
- Has a keen interest and insight into Stand Together’s core issue areas.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating impeccable organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask effortlessly.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Excellent writing skills; ability to write clearly and cleanly. Experience using a style guide.
- An ability to take complex information and distill it for different audiences on various platforms. (web/blog copy; social media; email newsletters; etc.) using the appropriate tone and voice.
- A collaborative attitude; an ability to take direction well all while having a self-motivated and entrepreneurial approach to content creation.
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference. Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation's biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential. Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds—including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy—to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Our Values Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Principle Based Management® (PBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, PBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.