Grassroots Program Manager
Your Responsibilities Include
- As a Grassroots Program Manager, you will interact with our state chapters to identify potential partners for events and activities that will drive our outcomes.
- You will execute plans for grassroots education campaign activities in the field.
- You will coordinate with other departments to ensure campaign events are properly promoted, highly visible on social media, and take advantage of earned media opportunities.
- You will execute strategies to educate the public on public policy issues and initiatives
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- You are highly creative and highly motivated
- You have knowledge of state and federal public policy landscapes
- You are outgoing and willing to reach out directly to potential new partners across the country for activity locations.
- You are willing to travel up to 80% of your time
- You enjoy working with a team, but can operate independently when needed
- You have a valid driver’s license
- You are proficient in most popular social media platforms
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Experience in grassroots advocacy and/or community organizing
- Experience in political campaigns
- Knowledge of and/or experience in digital organizing
What We Offer
- A meaningful career where your work will improve the lives of millions of Americans – especially the least fortunate
- A vision-driven organization of over 1,000 employees across the country who are dedicated to improving the lives of others
- Competitive salaries and bonuses. Our salary and bonus strategies are aligned to the value you create, not a standardized bell curve
- Generous 401K match - 6% match with immediate vesting
- Competitive health and wellness benefits
- Our flexible time-off policy allows all employees to take leave as needed
- Opportunities for professional development and mentorship that can strengthen your effectiveness through Principle Based Management and other industry specific programs
Americans for Prosperity is driving long-term solutions to the country's biggest problems through broad-based grassroots outreach. Our activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit. We have an on-the-ground infrastructure in 36 states that recruits and unites citizens behind a common goal of advancing policies that help people improve their lives.
Americans for Prosperity Foundation is dedicated to educating and training citizens to be courageous advocates for the ideas, principles, and policies in a society of mutual benefit--knowing that leads to the greatest prosperity and well-being for all. Our educational programs break barriers standing in the way of people realizing their potential. By eliminating these obstacles to opportunity, in areas like occupational licensing, free speech, K-12 education, and free trade, we are supporting and working to lift up the lives of individuals and local communities.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.