We believe employees should be rewarded for
the value they create toward our community’s
Our philanthropic community has established a wide range of foundational benefits for our employees.
Competitive Salaries & Bonuses
Our salary and bonus strategies are aligned to the value you create, not a standardized bell curve. We keep our compensation competitive with market standards and we view your base salary as a down payment on the value you are going to create in your role. If you go beyond expectations, and push the boundaries with your impact, we recognize your added contribution through spot and variable bonuses.
Our work is future driven. We want you to look ahead to your future, too. Full-time employees are eligible for a 6% employer match with immediate vesting. Employees have the option to contribute on a pre-tax or Roth basis or both via payroll deductions and select investments that best fit their goals.
We recognize that financial security should not be a primary concern in times of bereavement, and life insurance can offer peace of mind. We offer employer paid life insurance for employees plus the option to purchase supplemental coverage above the employer amount for eligible dependents.
We provide both short-term and long-term disability insurance to support financial security for you and your family.
Commuter Assistance Plans
We offer options to offset the cost of commuting into our Arlington, VA Headquarter offices. Our HQ based staff can select either onsite parking at no additional cost or a monthly allowance for WMATA/metro. We also offer onsite bike and electric vehicle parking.
We offer flexibility and choice with three medical plans, two dental plans, and vision insurance coverage.
- For medical insurance, we offer options to elect a traditional PPO or a Consumer Driven Health Plan (CDHP). All plans cover RX/Pharmacy. Don’t feel up to going out? Set up a telemedicine appointment to speak to a nurse or doctor to get care anytime, anywhere.
- We offer the choice of two dental plans, one includes adult orthodontia coverage.
- If you wear contacts or eyeglasses, we see you, and have you covered with our vision insurance.
Looking for a new doctor? Need someone to help you make sense of your diagnosis? Curious how to read the medical bill you received? The Health Advocate is here to help you and your immediate family.
Tax Savings Accounts
Take advantage of pre-tax savings accounts to pay for eligible expenses. We offer both a medical flexible spending account and a health savings account plan for expenses. Employees make the most of their health savings account by taking advantage of our employer match. We also offer a dependent care savings account for qualified expenses.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides resources, referrals, and counseling for you and your family.
Transparency in Coverage
Our Flexible Time-Off policy allows all employees to take leave as needed. As a community of passionate and dedicated professionals, focused on making a difference, we recognize that our employees need time to recharge outside work. Even though we’re tackling the most important issues of our time, we don’t want anyone feeling compelled to come into the office when they’re sick! We trust our employees to know when to recharge so they can get back to work and help us move even more effectively toward our goals.
We observe 9 holidays per year, but if you have other important days to celebrate our Flexible Time Off policy can accommodate your needs.
Adoption, Foster care, Maternity & Paternity Benefits: We offer pre- and post-partum maternity leave, fully paid parental leave, and a supportive culture that will help you find a fulfilling family life balance.
Employees who are also military personnel in the Reserve or National Guard are eligible for paid time off for certain types of active or inactive duty in the Armed Forces. Thank you for your service.
A Culture of Lifelong Learning
Our employees are motivated to continually improve and succeed. With our individualized approach to employee development, we work with each employee and their supervisor to provide them with the resources and support they need to take their contribution to the next level.
- Our Arlington HQ Campus offers easy access to public transportation, as well as, an onsite convenience market, dry cleaning facilities, and several in house and nearby restaurants to choose from.
- Company provided technology (laptops, tablets, phone, etc.), as needed, to ensure you have the tools you need to perform at your best.
- ‘Dress for Your Day’ Flexible Dress Code Policy
- Phone and Grassroots Organizing Volunteering Opportunities (for eligible employees)
- Solid Foundation in an innovative Market-Based Management® Culture