Operations Management - Team Lead
Your Responsibilities Include
- Manage, coach, and develop a team of people based on the Principles of Human Progress.
- Manage kitchen, office supply offerings and vendors; manage direct reports in ordering, inventory, deliveries, stocking, invoicing, and aesthetics of supplies throughout the space.
- Document processes and procedures and develop measures to track efficiency.
- Coordinate and communicate with key points of contact to ensure guests’ needs are met with a high degree of professionalism and hospitality.
- Understand customer needs to effectively implement the best solutions, improve response times, and lead to better results.
- Manage processes for all aspects of mailing and shipping, including shipments, deliveries, distribution, supply storage organization, and invoicing.
- Coordinate with the appropriate teams to ensure that sites remain secure, visitor management processes are executed, and established access control processes are effectively managed and executed.
- Manage print solutions, including maintenance and troubleshooting, vendor relationships, and supply refills.
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- 2+ years’ experience supervising.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
- Technical aptitude and proficient in Microsoft Office
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment while integrating a high degree of attention to detail and organization.
- Motivated self-starter who can set priorities and follow through on deadlines.
- Organized and committed to excellence.
- Appreciation for free market ideals and principles of limited government
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference. Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation's biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential. Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds—including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy—to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Our Values Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Principle Based Management® (PBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, PBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.