Senior Software Engineer - WordPress
Your Responsibilities Include
- Establish collaborative relationships with a broad range of external agencies and internal stakeholders, including IT, Project Managers, QA analysts, Content Editors/Producers, and Marketers.
- Interpret customers’ needs and requirements and translate into specifications and test plans that ensure products meet or exceed customer expectations. Participate in the development of product/project specifications.
- Maintain an understanding of the latest web applications and programming practices as well as emerging technologies/industry trends through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and user
- Use WordPress (including advanced custom fields and plugins) to develop and maintain brand and organization websites. Prioritize feature development mindful of technical SEO, web accessibility guidelines (e., WCAG 2.1), and performance best practices including those measured by Google Analytics.
- Develop and maintain a theme that focuses on performance and is designed to work for 10+ brands. Ensure a consistent user experience across platforms and browsers.
- Manage all technical aspects of the WordPress CMS, its components, and its interactions with other systems.
- Utilize functionality such as advanced custom fields to offer customization across the network while allowing for flexibility, simplified rollouts, bug fixes, and feature updates.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases such as Segment CDP.
- Manage user roles and access across all our WordPress properties.
- Conducting website performance tests and ensure high-performance, stability, and speed.
- Troubleshoot issues to discover root cause, implement repairs, and prevent re-occurrence.
- Perform website, plugin and security maintenance and
- Confer with peer digital teams to resolve conflicts and prioritize development projects.
- Exercise a solid understanding of Agile methodologies and Waterfall, including version control systems such as Git, experience with pull requests and code reviews.
- Manage backup and recovery process for all our WordPress properties.
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- 5 years proven work experience as a WordPress developer.
- Expert knowledge of the WordPress platform and capabilities.
- Experience with SQL and database engines such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server
- Experience with PHP and other coding languages
- Experience with Webpack, Babel, Node.js, and NPM a big plus
- Experience designing and developing mobile-first and responsive websites.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with source code repositories leveraging Git, g., GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages.
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML).
What We Offer
- A meaningful career where your work will improve the lives of millions of Americans – especially the least fortunate.
- A vision-driven organization of over 1,000 employees across the country who are dedicated to improving the lives of others.
- Competitive salaries and bonuses. Our salary and bonus strategies are aligned to the value you create, not a standardized bell curve.
- Generous 401K match - 6% match with immediate vesting.
- Competitive health and wellness benefits.
- Our flexible time-off policy allows all employees to take leave as needed.
- Commuter assistance plans to offset the cost of commuting into our headquarters (on-site parking or metro).
- Opportunities for professional development and mentorship that can strengthen your effectiveness through Principle Based Management and other industry specific programs.
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference. Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation's biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential. Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds—including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy—to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Our Values Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Principle Based Management® (PBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, PBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.